Marvin's Gardens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Don't Go to Jail!!! Classic Dice game!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Boardwalk Bum
Admin
Boardwalk Bum

Monopoly Money : 165

Don't Go to Jail!!! Classic Dice game! Empty
PostSubject: Don't Go to Jail!!! Classic Dice game!   Don't Go to Jail!!! Classic Dice game! EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:13 am

Don't Go to Jail!!! Classic Dice game! 51fr-MF1MyL._SL500_AA300_

Don't Go to Jail is a Parker Brothers dice game for two or more players inspired by Monopoly. The game is played by rolling ten dice and attempting to roll matches to score points.

Seven of the dice have various colors, utilities, or railroad icons on them (all from the Monopoly board game). The remaining three dice are blank on four sides, with the other two sides showing 'GO', 'TO' and 'JAIL'

The player scores points for the round if the dice rolled create a monopoly set of colors, utilities, or railroads. The amount of dice that need to score points depends on the property. If a die shows the 'GO', 'TO' or 'JAIL' icon, that die is placed at the top of the game board.

The player can continue re-rolling dice until they decide to end their turn and claim their points, or until 'GO', 'TO' and 'JAIL' land face up (causing them to lose all points earned so far that round and pass their turn). One stipulation in the rules is that once a die has been set aside, it cannot be rerolled during that turn. The dice also feature wilds that may substitute for any symbol on the 7 property dice. 2 "Wild"s are available to use so it is possible to score a monopoly using only the wilds. The wild die CAN be moved but only if the symbol it substitutes for happens to be rolled later that round, in which case the wild must then be immediately placed somewhere else (it cannot be rolled again that same turn).

The game is won when a player earns enough points from matches. The number of points required to win is determined by the players at the start of the match in the original game. These rules also suggest that if a player surpasses the pre-determined amount of points, the win is not automatic. The player must then wait for all players to have equal number of turns and should anyone top the feat, they then become the winner.

Back to top Go down
https://marvingardens.forumotion.com
Boardwalk Bum
Admin
Boardwalk Bum

Monopoly Money : 165

PostSubject: Re: Don't Go to Jail!!! Classic Dice game!   Don't Go to Jail!!! Classic Dice game! EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:44 am

Don't Go to Jail!!! Classic Dice game! Pic228946_t

This game is probably the most fun to add into an Ultra Monopoly game b/c it allows for group participation and is easily understood. I also find it handy when I feel like playing a game but know that I won't have the time for a full on Monopoly tournament.

Not sure how many times I have played this game, either by itself or added to classic monopoly, but I don't think I have ever beat my girlfriend at it... EVER! Somehow, she always manages to get a WILD on the dice and get another dark blue for the 3500 points!

Don't Go to Jail!!! Classic Dice game! Pic298445_t
Back to top Go down
https://marvingardens.forumotion.com
Park Place Princess

Park Place Princess

Monopoly Money : 13

PostSubject: Re: Don't Go to Jail!!! Classic Dice game!   Don't Go to Jail!!! Classic Dice game! EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:33 pm

Yeah buddy I always win!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't Go to Jail!!! Classic Dice game!   Don't Go to Jail!!! Classic Dice game! Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't Go to Jail!!! Classic Dice game!
Page 1 of 1